A PTSA- or PTA-unit is a local, self-governing membership association, which seeks to bring together the home, school and community on behalf of all children and youth.
WHY JOIN PTSA?
The number one reason to join is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school, but there are many more advantages.
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. PTSA offers a variety of programs designed for adults as well as children.
- Tap into a Network. PTSA events provide opportunities to meet other families and teachers, build rapport, and discuss parenting issues that are on your mind.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with PTSA, you gain valuable experiences and personal confidence. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause.
- Speak Up. Because PTSA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions and more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Help Your Child Succeed. PTSA fosters family involvement. Family involvement has been proven by three decades of research to be the greatest predictor of scholar success.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping to make positive changes. PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events—all vital to a school’s success.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTSA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
It’s easy to join Hazelwood Elementary PTSA! Join the nearly 500 million other people nationwide who share your interest in issues affecting children. Everyone is invited to join our non-profit organization—parents, family members, community supporters. All Mustang scholars are honorary members. Email email@example.com to learn more.
- Be informed about PTSA events, share your ideas, and voice your opinions!
- Meetings dates and times will be announced on the website, social media and digital communications and are generally held in the school library.
- Free, fun childcare is provided for the children of those attending the meetings.